2 – 5 November 2016
This first Asian Ministerial Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction after the advent of the Sendai Framework has been hosted by the Government of India in November 2016. As a followup from the 6th Asian Ministerial Conference outcome (2014) and as a requirement of the Sendai Framework, the intended outcome of the conference in India has been to adopt an ‘Asian Regional Plan for Implementation of the Sendai Framework’. The AMCDRR 2016 will provide a unique opportunity to shape the implementation and monitoring of the Sendai Framework in Asia.
The objectives of the AMCDRR 2016 conference:
- Transforming the commitment of governments and stakeholders made in Sendai during the WCDRR into national and local action.
- Setting the direction to accelerate regional implementation and monitoring of the Sendai Framework
The expected outcome of the conference:
- A political declaration – consolidating the political commitment of governments towards preventing and reducing risk as well as strengthening resilience by accelerating implementation and monitoring of the Sendai Framework in the region.
- ‘Asian Regional Plan for Implementation of the Sendai Framework’ – a plan endorsed by the countries for the Asian region.
- Stakeholder action statements – voluntary statements of action of stakeholder groups towards a ‘shared responsibility’ approach in implementation of the Sendai Framework
Visit the web-site of the Conference